Friday, January 27, 2012

1910s Corset Assembly

I mocked up two of the three pattern options: the Bridges on the Body, and Jen Thompson's. Both corsets had very nice shapes, but the Bridges on the Body was almost the perfect size for me, so I went with that one. I cut out all the pieces the other day, and this evening, I began assembly. I didn't get too far - just put in the busk, sewed one other seam, and pinned one more. However, Taffy thinks I did a fine job with that busk. . .

1 comment:

  1. You're ahead of me. I got my muslin for my 1903 corset sewn up and checked for fit. Hopefully I'll cut out my coutil this coming week. Other projects keep me distracted. ;)
    Glad you got the "Paw of Approval" there.