Monday, January 21, 2013

Lizzy Bennett Bonnet UFO. . . Finished!

At long last, the bonnet is finished! And I am super happy with how it turned out! Now I just need an event to wear it to. ;)



And, this satisfies the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge #2!

The Challenge: Challenge #2, "UFO"
Fabric/Notions: Green shot silk taffeta with olive green Kona cotton lining, green silk ribbons, green silk thread, buckram, millinery wire, flannel. . . I think that's all of it!
Pattern: Of my own invention.
Year: Not specific to a year; let's just call it Regency.
How historically accurate is it? It's based on one in a movie, so who knows! But, I did completely hand sew it and avoided synthetic materials as best I could (who knows what's in the buckram though), so in that way it's historically accurate!
Hours to complete: I didn't keep track of this. . . I patterned it in the summer of 2011 and then worked on it off and on (more "off" than "on," LOL!) from then to now.
First worn: Does taking it on and off throughout all stages of making it count? And then wearing it around my house the day I finished it? Because other than that, I have yet to wear it! ;)
Total cost: I can not recall because most of what I used had been in my stash for a while.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I almost got distracted, but I would have felt very silly showing up at our next sewing meet with literally a scrap of fabric for the back because I STILL hadn't manage to do that last thing, LOL! ;)

      Delete
  2. That would look very pretty with a white dress to set it off, and a colorful shawl.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It very probably will be worn with a white dress; my "Elinor" dress. And maybe even with my blue shawl. Though, I've plans for a white-with-gold-floral-pattern dress and a gold spencer to wear with it some day!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love the color and the gathering on the crown.

    ReplyDelete